Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The ABC's of Hamlin ~ Tuesday

Now that we are quite familiar with our Froggy Holler home base of Hamlin Park, I thought it would be a great time to create a list (and possibly a book) of the ABC's of Hamlin. The kids had a lot of fun identifying all sorts of plant life for me and were happy to have me photograph their findings.
Here are just a few:
P is for pine cone:
O is for Oregon grape:
 
 R is for roots (though T is for teamwork also applies to this shot):
G is for gravel:
 
F is for fort:
 
This was also where our alphabet hunt really disipated and a game of "hide from the wolves" began which somehow transitioned to a game of "chocolate factory". 
 Wow that chocolate chopping action is so fast the choppers are hardly visible!
Mmm, D is for dirt, which was in I.'s mind "C is for chocolate"!
This was the mixing of chocolate and peanut butter, yum:
These kiddos are destined for good things considering their propensity for innovation and chocolateire expertise, and I'm not just saying that because I love chocolate. Our ABC hunt will continue when we have the chance and I look forward to sharing the whole list with you by the end of our spring session!

No comments: